THE ART & ARTISTS
Click images to enlarge.
The images are examples of this artist's work. Exact items may or may not be in stock at the gallery. Please contact us if you have questions about the availability of specific items.
Marc Anderson was born and raised in the small, rural town of Wild Rose, Wisconsin. He and his three brothers spent the majority of their youth exploring the Wisconsin countryside, which fostered a deep appreciation for the outdoors and a kinship with the natural world.
Marc developed an aptitude for drawing and painting early in his life and pursued a degree in illustration at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. While attending Stout, he began working for a handful of regional and national publications on a freelance basis. He followed this career trajectory for several years until—almost by accident—he discovered the mysterious world of plein air painting. With this newfound passion, Marc said goodbye to the studio in favor of the outdoors in which he had grown up.
As Marc’s love of painting grew, so too did his list of professional accomplishments. His work has been included in prestigious shows and collections around the country. He is a signature member of the Oil Painters of America and has a list of accolades from OPA exhibitions over the past few years.
Some recent honors include:
- Featured in “Top 10 Artists to collect now” in Plein Air Magazine 2021
- Cover artist, Plein Air Magazine 2022
- Gold Medal Award, Oil Painters of America Easter Regional Exhibition 2021
- Artist Choice Award, Oil Painters of America National Juried Exhibition 2021
- Dorothy Driehaus Mellin Fellowship winner, 2021
- Top 25 Finalist, 2021 Plein Air Salon
- Best in Show, “Richeson 75 Landscape Exhibition,” Richeson Gallery, Kimberly, WI 2021
M: 10 a - 3 p
Fr: 11 a - 5 p
Sa: 11 a - 5 p
Su: 10 p - 2 p
W-Th: 11 a - 4 p
Fr: 11 a - 5 p
Sa: 10 a - 5 p
Su: 10 a - 2 p